Bafford Cakes is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018).
We simply collect the information essential for processing and delivery of your order and to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you.
Consent of Use
- By placing an order with Bafford Cakes you consent to the storage of your supplied data e.g Name, contact details / cake specifications (potentially including personal/sensitive information).
- The data is used and stored solely for the purpose of completing the order, and potential future orders.
- Customer purchase records may be kept indefinitely. Contact form submissions may be kept indefinitely for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- No customer data is shared with 3rd parties and we receive no data from third parties.
- We perform no profiling nor any decision making with any personal data.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Security of your Data
We are aware of the requirement to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse. We have implemented IT technologies and processes to protect your data.We store emails on a secure mail platform hosted by our mail provider, and all other details (I.e. orders / payments etc..) are stored in a secure air-gapped facility. This is only accessible to the owner of the company. If we were to experience a data breach we have an on-staff IT Specialist who will investigate and we will report any and all breaches to the relevant bodies and the individuals affected.